Family Care Consulting
"A new conversation about dementia care." If you or a loved are affected by memory problems, such as Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, you probably have many questions. Anne Ellett can help you find the answers.
- Do you need assistance creating an individualized care plan for a loved one?
- If my loved one or I can’t live at home anymore, what are my options?
- What can I do to help prevent or delay the development of memory problems?
- Do you know how to maximize dignity, independence, comfort as the condition of dementia progresses?
- Do I need to consult an attorney to help me make plans for my future?
It’s very common to feel overwhelmed when faced with a diagnosis of dementia. Talking to a trusted expert can help you get the answers and support you need.
Working for more than 20 years as a nurse practitioner in the field of dementia care, Anne understands the challenges that people living with dementia and their family care partners face every day. She is a compassionate and knowledgeable expert who can guide you on the path to finding care that is right for you. Learn more about Anne's background, here.
If you are struggling with any of the following, Anne can help:
- Recent diagnosis of dementia
- Recent or frequent hospitalizations
- Confusion about whether at-home care or care within a dementia-care facility would best meet your needs
- Uncertainty or feeling "stuck" regarding finding good care or figuring out what to do next
- Concerns about the quality of care you are currently receiving for your loved one affected by dementia
- Behavior changes in the person affected by dementia
- Changes in medical condition of person living with dementia or their care partner
- Questions about end-of-life care and hospice services
Family Care Packages
Anne offers the following service packages. Feel free to select the one that best suits your needs and timeframe, or Anne can help you decide.
Recommended for immediate questions and crisis situations. In this one-hour discussion, Anne will learn about your immediate situation, current challenges you are facing, and provide you with some recommended steps to affect change.
Three one-hour sessions.
This package provides for in-depth discussion of your situation and what it takes to get to the best care solution. Anne will conduct an intake history to learn about you and your loved one's needs as well as your ability to provide for them. Next, you'll review your unique goals for care and quality of life, discuss what has been successful so far and new resources that may be available to you. In the final session, you'll set up an action plan for ongoing care.
With this level of consulting support, Anne can provide the 3 in-depth sessions outlined above, plus you'll also be able to check in with her regularly for 9 additional sessions, to be scheduled at mutually convenient times any time over the course of 12 months. This package is helpful for complex care situations, especially as your needs evolve.
Contact Anne today for a complimentary consultation to see if her services are a fit for your family's needs.